The Master Angler by Phil Rabideau

This book has nothing in it about Tenkara fly fishing as it was published in 2004. It also has very little information on fly fishing in general. But it serves as a guide to better fishing regardless of your present skill level. Its based on taking the guess work out of lure selection and tells you everything you need to know about fish and why they act in the ways that they do. I have tested Rabideau’s Color Technology theories on flies that I have tied for several years now, and fished them against angling friends using the same old practices I used to use: The results, on average, were better than 5 to 1 fish caught ratios using the Color Technology Recommendations found in this book. I have a whole fly fishing book library on a wall in my den, and I learned more from this book that has helped me catch fish than I did from all the rest of those books, combined! Here is a link to where The Master Angler can be bought: https://www.hancockhouse.com/collections/all-titles/products/master-angler

1 Like