The future of 10 Colors Tenkara

(Peder) #1

Hello members and visitors of 10 Colors Tenkara.

Please forgive the poor translations that follow. (Japanese 日本語, Russian русский, French français)

I’ve contemplated writing this post for eight or nine months now and still feel slightly conflicted about doing so and how best to write it.

First and foremost, I want to thank the many members of this forum for your participation and use of the forum, you have made it what it is today. I also know there are many others who are not members, but also frequent the forum from the outside. Thank you as well.

For the many members who have generously contributed to the financial maintenance of keeping this forum up and running, I cannot express my gratitude enough. You’ve taken the extra step beyond just sharing your own experiences in tenkara (and that of others), but you have ensured others can do the same.

We are soon approaching two years that this forum has been here and it has been loads of fun. However, during that time, my life has taken a variety of twists and turns. All of these things have ended up being for the positive for my family and me, but they have pulled me in other directions. I have found myself with less and less time to spend online. This includes both participation here but also in the maintenance and upkeep of the forum.

I am still as passionate about tenkara as ever and maybe even more so now than before. Aside from a hot and wet spell this summer, I usually manage to get out a couple of times a week during the season (which ends here in two weeks). I’ve also recently moved and am now between 5-15 minute drive from two of my favorite fishing locations and anticipate I’ll be able to get out even more. Not to mention, I can now take a bicycle to get there! Tenkara is still a big part of my life and will continue to be (as far as I can see).

Unfortunately, all of this means that I will be letting go of this forum by the end of December of this year. Thanks to several generous individuals, the site has all maintenance paid for through then. Thank you, you know who you are.

However, I am more than willing to sell this site, domain, and logo to an interested person or persons. I will not be asking for much; it is primarily for the cost of the domain, transferring hosting, and the cost of the logo design. I would also consider tenkara equipment in trade, for anyone who may wish to do that. Maintenance and upkeep for the site is relatively easy, but does take regular work. For more advanced things, there is a huge amount of brilliant documentation on the Discourse website (if you aren’t already familiar with the software or with web design). This forum has been my part in supporting the tenkara community and I do not wish to or expect to be compensated for the hundreds of hours I’ve personally spent working on this. It has been fun and my gift to the tenkara-verse.

If you are interested in buying 10 Colors Tenkara or a trade, please send me a private message before the end of December 2018. I have not decided the final status after that time if no one is interested. I may lock the forum and downgrade the hosting and leave it up as an archive or I may completely shut it down.

If you any questions, please do not hesitate to comment or send me a private message. Thank you again to everyone.

こんにちはメンバーと十人十色テンカラの訪問者。

私は今、このポストを8ヶ月または9ヶ月間書くことを考えてきましたが、そうすることとそれを書くのに最適な方法について少し矛盾しています。

第一に、フォーラムの参加と使用のために、このフォーラムの多くのメンバーに感謝したいと思います。私はまた、メンバーではない他の多くの人がいることを知っているだけでなく、外部からのフォーラムも頻繁に行っています。こちらこそ、ありがとう。

このフォーラムを運営する財務管理に多大な貢献をした多くのメンバーにとって、私は十分な感謝の気持ちを表明できません。あなたはテンカラ(と他人のもの)であなた自身の経験を分かち合うだけでなく、他の人も同じことをすることができるようにしました。

私たちはすぐにこのフォーラムがここにあったことを2年近く近づけており、それは楽しいものでした。しかし、その間、私の人生はさまざまな紆余曲折を経験しました。これらの事柄はすべて私の家族と私にとってプラスになってしまったが、彼らは私を他の方向に引っ張ってきた。私は、オンラインで過ごす時間はますます少なくなっています。これには、ここに参加するだけでなく、フォーラムのメンテナンスと維持にも含まれます。

私は今までと同じようにテンカラに情熱を持ち、以前よりも今のところもっと情熱的です。今夏の暑くて湿っぽい呪文のほかに、私は通常、シーズン中に週に2〜3回(2週間で終わります)、出かけることができます。私も最近移動して、私の好きな釣り場の2つから5〜15分のところにドライブしています。さらに出かけることができます。もちろん、私は自転車に乗ってそこに行くことができます! テンカラはまだ私の人生の大部分であり、(私が見る限りでは)引き続き存在します。

残念なことに、これはすべて、今年の12月末までにこのフォーラムを廃止することを意味します。いくつかの寛大な個人のおかげで、サイトはそれを通してすべてのメンテナンスを支払っています。ありがとう、あなたはあなたが誰なのか知っています。

しかし、私はこのサイト、ドメイン、およびロゴを興味のある人に販売すること以上のものです。私は多くを求めていません。主にドメインのコスト、ホスティングの移転、ロゴデザインのコストのためです。私はまた、それを望むかもしれない誰のためにも、貿易のテンカラ機器を考慮する。サイトの維持管理と維持管理は比較的簡単ですが、定期的な作業を行います。より進歩したことについては、談話のウェブサイトには膨大な量の華麗な文書があります(ソフトウェアやWebデザインに慣れていない場合)。このフォーラムは、テンカラコミュニティをサポートする私の一員であり、私は個人的にこれに取り組んだ何時間もの補償を望みません。それは楽しく、テンカラの詩への私の贈り物です。

十人十色テンカラまたはトレードを購入することに興味がある場合は、2018年12月末まで私にプライベートメッセージを送ってください。誰も関心がなければ、その時点の最終ステータスは決まっていません。私はフォーラムをロックし、ホスティングをダウングレードし、アーカイブとして残すか、完全にシャットダウンする可能性があります。

ご不明な点がございましたら、お気軽にコメントしてください。みんなにもう一度感謝します。

貧しい翻訳を許してください。

Привет друзья и посетители 10 цветов Tenkara.

Я подумывал о написании этого сообщения в течение восьми или девяти месяцев и все еще чувствую слабость в том, что касается этого и как лучше всего его написать.

Прежде всего, я хочу поблагодарить многих участников этого форума за ваше участие и использование форума, вы сделали это сегодня. Я также знаю, что есть много других, которые не являются членами, но также часто посещают форум извне. И тебе спасибо.

Для многих членов, которые щедро внесли свой вклад в финансовое обеспечение ведения этого форума, я не могу выразить свою благодарность. Вы сделали дополнительный шаг, помимо простого обмена своими собственными впечатлениями в десятикара (и других), но вы гарантировали, что другие могут сделать то же самое.

Мы скоро приближаемся к двум годам, что этот форум был здесь, и это было весело. Однако за это время моя жизнь сделала множество поворотов. Все эти вещи оказались для позитива для моей семьи и меня, но они потянули меня в других направлениях. Я нашел себя все меньше и меньше времени, чтобы провести онлайн. Это включает в себя как участие здесь, так и обслуживание и содержание форума.

Я все еще так же страстен о десятикаре, как и когда-либо, и, возможно, даже больше, чем раньше. Этим летом, помимо горячего и мокрого заклинания, я обычно выхожу пару раз в неделю в течение сезона (который заканчивается здесь через две недели). Я также недавно переехал, и теперь я прохожу от 5 до 15 минут езды от двух моих любимых мест для рыбалки и ожидаю, что смогу выйти еще больше. Не говоря уже, теперь я могу взять велосипед, чтобы туда добраться! Тенкара по-прежнему остается большой частью моей жизни и будет (по мере возможности).

К сожалению, все это означает, что я отпущу этот форум к концу декабря этого года. Благодаря нескольким щедрым людям, на этом сайте все обслуживание оплачивается через. Спасибо, ты знаешь, кто ты.

Тем не менее, я более чем готов продать этот сайт, домен и логотип заинтересованному лицу или лицам. Я не буду много просить; это прежде всего стоимость домена, передача хостинга и стоимость дизайна логотипа. Я бы также рассмотрел оборудование tenkara в торговле, для всех, кто захочет это сделать. Техническое обслуживание и уход за сайтом относительно просты, но регулярно выполняются. Для более продвинутых вещей на сайте Discourse имеется огромное количество яркой документации (если вы еще не знакомы с программным обеспечением или веб-дизайном). Этот форум был моей частью в поддержке сообщества tenkara, и я не хочу или не рассчитываю получить компенсацию за сотни часов, которые я лично потратил на это. Это было весело и мой подарок стихам из десятикара.

Если вы заинтересованы в покупке 10 цветов Tenkara или торговле, пришлите мне личное сообщение до конца декабря 2018 года. Я не решил окончательный статус после этого времени, если никто не заинтересован. Я могу заблокировать форум и понизить хостинг и оставить его в архив, или я полностью его отключу.

Если у вас есть какие-либо вопросы, пожалуйста, не стесняйтесь комментировать или отправлять мне личное сообщение. Еще раз спасибо всем.

Пожалуйста, простите бедные переводы.

Bonjour les membres et les visiteurs de 10 couleurs Tenkara.

J’ai envisagé d’écrire ce billet depuis huit ou neuf mois et je me sens toujours un peu en conflit pour le faire et pour la meilleure façon de l’écrire.

Tout d’abord, je tiens à remercier les nombreux membres de ce forum pour votre participation et votre utilisation du forum, vous en avez fait ce qu’il est aujourd’hui. Je sais aussi que beaucoup d’autres ne sont pas membres mais fréquentent aussi le forum de l’extérieur. Merci aussi.

Pour les nombreux membres qui ont généreusement contribué au maintien financier du fonctionnement de ce forum, je ne saurais trop exprimer ma gratitude. Vous avez franchi une étape supplémentaire au-delà du partage de vos propres expériences à Tenkara (et à celles des autres), mais vous vous êtes assuré que les autres pouvaient faire de même.

Nous approchons bientôt de deux ans que ce forum a été ici et il a été très amusant. Cependant, au cours de cette période, ma vie a connu de nombreux rebondissements. Toutes ces choses ont fini par être positives pour ma famille et pour moi, mais elles m’ont entraîné dans d’autres directions. Je me suis retrouvé avec de moins en moins de temps à passer en ligne. Cela inclut à la fois la participation ici mais aussi la maintenance du forum.

Je suis toujours aussi passionné par le tenkara et peut-être même plus maintenant qu’auparavant. Mis à part une période chaude et humide cet été, je réussis généralement à sortir deux ou trois fois par semaine pendant la saison (qui se termine ici dans deux semaines). J’ai récemment déménagé et je suis maintenant entre 5 et 15 minutes de route de deux de mes lieux de pêche préférés et je prévois de pouvoir en sortir encore plus. Sans oublier que je peux maintenant prendre un vélo pour y arriver! Le tenkara fait toujours partie de ma vie et continuera de l’être (autant que je sache).

Malheureusement, tout cela signifie que je vais laisser tomber ce forum d’ici la fin décembre de cette année. Grâce à plusieurs personnes généreuses, l’entretien du site est entièrement pris en charge. Merci, vous savez qui vous êtes.

Cependant, je suis plus que disposé à vendre ce site, ce domaine et ce logo à une personne ou à des personnes intéressées. Je ne demanderai pas grand chose; c’est principalement pour le coût du domaine, le transfert de l’hébergement et le coût de la conception du logo. Je considérerais également le matériel de tenkara dans le commerce, pour tous ceux qui le souhaiteraient. La maintenance du site est relativement facile, mais nécessite un travail régulier. Pour les choses plus avancées, il existe une énorme quantité de documentation brillante sur le site Web Discourse (si vous n’êtes pas déjà familiarisé avec le logiciel ou avec la conception Web). Ce forum a été ma part dans le soutien à la communauté tenkara et je ne souhaite ni ne compte être indemnisé pour les centaines d’heures que j’ai personnellement consacrées à ce travail. Cela a été amusant et mon cadeau au verset tenkara.

Si vous êtes intéressé par l’achat de 10 couleurs Tenkara ou d’un commerce, merci de m’envoyer un message privé avant la fin du mois de décembre 2018. Je n’ai pas encore décidé du statut définitif si personne n’est intéressé. Je peux verrouiller le forum et rétrograder l’hébergement et le laisser en tant qu’archive ou le fermer complètement.

Si vous avez des questions, n’hésitez pas à commenter ou à m’envoyer un message privé. Merci encore à tous.

S’il vous plaît pardonnez les mauvaises traductions.

(Peder) #2

(David S Riley) #3

Peder

Sad news but thank you for all your help and time taken with the forum. I am sure that everyone else, who is a member, will be most grateful to you for your time, expertise and helpfulness with the forum.
I wish you all the best in the future and hope you spend plenty of time with your Family, as well as catching those handsome brook trout in Vermont.

David

(Roger Hall) #4

Thanks for all your hard work and best fishing to you.

(Adam Trahan) #5

This is why I am hesitant to invest a ton of time at forums.

The owner changes his or her mind.

And that’s ok.

I appreciate what you did, thank you.

Bye all.

(Gressak) #6

Thank you Peder and all Forum members.
Sorry to see it go. The last holdout.

Good luck to all in your endeavors…thank you much for sharing these last two years!!!

(todoroki toshirou) #7

Thank you Peder and all Forum members.

I enjoyed having a good time with everyone
I would like to thank everyone.

(Mike Kotowski) #8

For those of us who don’t have Facebook the loss of message boards is always a big bummer. I suppose reducing my time online is never a bad thing though.

Thanks, Peder!

(Peder) #9

Thanks for your kind words. Don’t go jumping ship everyone, there is already interest in keeping this going. I will keep you updated if or when things change.

I understand @mak1277, I’m not on any social media either but still spend too much time online.

(Vladimir Bushclyakov ) #10

Большое спасибо за Ваше время! Отличный сайт.

(David Walker) #11

Ah, an unexpected and dispiriting announcement. But thank you Peder for creating the forum and keeping it going over the past two years, and I wish you much enjoyment in whatever new activities that require more of your active participation. It has been a lot of fun learning new stuff and interacting with different people here. I doubt I would have the required mind set or skills to offer to take over admin of the forum.

I guess this development goes with the summer I’ve had this year. It has been like the year without summer in 1816 following the eruption of Mount Tambora in Indonesia. When global temperatures dropped an average 3˚, and many places round he world experienced much higher than normal rain fall.

2018 for me has been a year without tenkara.
The state of things in Pocahontas County WV. Which is where the family vacation house is and where I have been most of the summer. It seems like it rained two out of every 3 days all summer long. River water levels were often up into the trees along the river bank. And just when conditions permitted fishing again, it would rain again. Very unusual to have water levels in Aug/Sept/Oct similar to what I normally see only in April / May.

On my most recent trip I arrived at dark on Friday. Saturday was overcast, and because the yard grass was tall I spent the day mowing grass. Then it rained till the following Friday. Two days raining all day, the other days raining off and on all day. And when I could go fishing it seemed the high water had washed the fish away. My fishing was minimal this summer and my catching even lower.

Even though I enjoy just being on the river and the joy of casting. For the first time since taking up tenkara my enthusiasm for it declined. I don’t have to catch a lot of fish to be satisfied, but I do dislike being skunked every outing. And the constant rain also limited my goal of going hiking everyday too as many of the woodland trails were often more swamp than path. I guess this change with 10 Colors Tenkara forum is the natural follow on for my 2018 summer.

However, I am hoping this note posted above, “Don’t go jumping ship everyone, there is already interest in keeping this going.” Works out and 10CT rolls on. :smiley:

I’ve been absent most of the summer, internet connection time is very limited when I am in Pocahontas county. But summer time is fishing time and it’s mostly the colder months for on-line time. When I hope what I contribute is more interesting than annoying.

Anyway, Best wishes to you Peder and to the continuation of 10 Colors Tenkara.

(Adam Rieger) #12

Peder thank you for all the hard work! I have been fairly absent this summer…I wish that was mostly for fishing but more a combination of “life”. You have run a fantastic forum and I want to loudly compliment you on that. I am hopeful that someone with skills in this area will be able to take over. Keep us posted! Thank you!

(Mike Kookagee Shelton) #13
I hope everyone at least stays through the end of December and not jump ship just because of the announcement. There is still a lot of time to share stories, pics, info., and knowledge. This is a wonderful site where we work together for a common cause.........tenkara.  
Thank you Peder for all you have done. I do hope someone can take over; I wish I had the tech savvy skills to run this forum. I hope someone will consider the idea. I believe we would all help with money to keep this site operating. I have learned a lot from the members and have enjoyed the pics, stories, and resources. Thank you once again, Peder.

(Paul Gaskell) #14

Thank you Peder - your efforts have certainly been appreciated and it is sad to see this unique resource disappear.

Please do stay in contact via email from time to time and send on your fishing expedition pictures,

Paul

(Peder) #15

Thank you everyone for your kind and thoughtful comments both her and via PM. It is much appreciated.

As stated previously, I hope that folks don’t jump ship here and that someone else has an interest in keeping this going.

Hopefully people understand that life takes different turns at times and we have to let some things go, whether we want to or not.

(Isaac Tait) #16

I am happy to hear that there is an interested individual(s) who would like to keep the forum going. When we lost Tenkara Fisher’s forum that was a sad day. I would love to have this resource still available.

I get it though. My various websites (I have three now) cost several hundred dollars a year to keep running. Even hosting at $5-$10 a month (each) adds up fast - then there are software purchases and the time too. I just went through a huge hassle switching hosting providers when their prices went up to almost $500 for the year! Ain’t nobody got time for that :frowning:

(Peder) #17