Tenkara Videos

Small creek browns from yesterday. I hooked and lost a few nice ones, but here are a few that I got to hand. I fished one hour.

5 Likes

In this video, couple of friends in France go on a backpacking/fishing trip. They catch some big ol’ rainbows, including a giant one (8 lbs!) that causes the angler to do the ol’ infamous throw-your-rod-in-the-water trick.

(Direct YouTube link)

@T-stillwater Well, last week I accidentally left my floating line (I was using the Zen Tenkara 15 ft) at the bottom of a 700-foot-deep canyon that I will probably never visit again, so I figured I’d get the Dragontail one to see how I like it. I’ll try it out probably next week.

1 Like

I chopped up a 2wt fly line into 15’ and 10’ lines and I absolutely love them for lake fishing.

2 Likes

Here’s the latest…

5 Likes

@arrowrand 0 wt. floating line also works really well. They still have it for sale on some fly fishing sites.
One spool will last you a really long time.

2 Likes

Oooooooh, I’d like to try that. I had the 2wt line so it was an easy decision, was going to order a 1wt when I need more. I’ll have to try to find a 0wt, haven’t seen one in years.

Here’s one with my TB36. Drift markers shown.

6 Likes

@arrowrand Randy, in the Summer 2020 catalog of Feather-Craft, page 18, look at Rio Creek floating line WF0F. It is expensive at $79.99 but there should be enough to last many years of fishing.

All. Let’s remember that someone started this thread for discussing tenkara videos. It’s fine to talk about line, but please move it to a different conversation.

All. Let’s remember that someone started this thread for discussing tenkara videos. It’s fine to talk about line, but please move it to a different conversation.

I’m fine with the thread going wherever the conversation takes. Talking about line naturally came out of what was in the videos, so it makes sense to talk about it in context here.

In this week’s video I fish a pool at the base of a waterfall for some native redband trout and then catch my first native fish in Oregon. Not quite the species I was after, but at least I wasn’t skunked…

(Direct YouTube video)

2 Likes

@Peder @TenkaraAddict Sorry, Peder and Tristan This is my mistake and I should have given the info to Randy via a private message.

No need to apologise, @Kookagee . @TenkaraAddict said he didn’t care and he started the thread. It’s really personal preference. I prefer threads to be on a single topic, that’s my preference. But if the OP doesn’t care, that’s fine by me.

1 Like
4 Likes

Here’s another video, from one hour of fishing last week:

6 Likes

Loved this creek! I’ll definitely be going back when the mosquitoes are a bit less voracious…

(Direct YouTube link)

4 Likes

We uploaded a short little video of Masami Sakakibara doing a casting demo at last year’s Oni School. Matt Sment attended and took the video. It’s crazy that all that waving that looks almost chaotic is really ultra controlled and pin-point accurate…

3 Likes

I was rooting for you to get all of them! Just gives you a reason to go back to that sweet water!

I compared my four 400 cm tenkara rods on the water last might. Here’s my video:

5 Likes