Happy Father's Day

I just wanted to wish any of you guys with kids a very happy Father’s Day. I really enjoy seeing you include
your children in pictures or include your kids in your stories. Just a real Big Thank You to you Tenkara Fishermen. Since I have 2 children and I teach around 154 students each year it does my heart good to see you involved in your family. ><))))*>

Thanks Mike. My kid is 21 y.o. He started Tenkara with me, my initial purchase was an Iwana 12, and Ayu. But since hitting that age, where it was no longer cool to hang out with “the parents” or do anything they do, he switched to spinner bass fishing and hasn’t gone tenkara fishing with me for years. However, he did take a tenkara rod with him to school last year, but said he has found it always to windy in central Ohio to use it.

David,
Thank you sharing. My son did the same thing in his late teens and early twenties. However, he now thinks Tenkara is great and every once in a while he will go fishing with me. He is 26 now, I figure it just takes a while for these young men to catch up with us. It reminds me of the Aesop’s fable of the “Tortoise and the Hare.” It’s not how fast you get out of the gate, it just matters that you get across the finish line first. At this point, however, I would be happy with second place. Take care and enjoy the day.

1 Like